Menu

$0.00

I’ve heard audiobooks pronounce your way tho, and I’ll never be able to break from sahzed. Never heard the audiobooks. I just finished the first book (And I LOVED it, just bought the second today) and I have some questions about how to pronounce some of the terms. I believe it’s Say-Zed as well. Sazed (pronounced Say-zehd) is a Terrisman, steward to Lord Renoux and a Keeper of Terris. Vin is supposed to be french accented, but most characters pronounce it the way an american would pronounce it (wrongly) with a hard V. Check Branon's (aka mistborn here) IAMA I'm pretty sure he went over pronunciations. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . I say “sah-zed”. Or FAIR-oo-kem-ee? I've always just said "SAYZD" or "SAZED": one syllable, exactly how it's spelled (the nickname is Saze, which definitely looks like one syllable, so I just pronounce Sazed like the verbification of Saze). Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm pretty sure Brandon goes with 'Say-zed' but he himself says that the in-world pronunciation of names is different to how we would do it. In my mind it was always 2 syllables and rhymed with "Hey, Ted". They get it right in the first two books, but the narrator for the third apparently didn't bother to research the material before hand. But he says it wrong, depending on your definition of wrong. r/Mistborn: The subreddit for Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. Welcome to the new Crafty Games forums! He talks about the Final Mistborn book and other books he wrote. Compare it to Dutch where the government change the spelling of words regularly to have them written the same as they are pronounced. Brandon has said that the people in Mistborn would pronounce Kelsier as Kel-see-ay (although he pronounces it KEL-seer), like it's French. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Sazed himself is from the Terris region, he's gonna have a slightly different pronunciation. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/122-leipzig-book-fair/#e3323. r/Mistborn. I originally pronounced it like you pronounce "dazed", but I've reconditioned myself to pronounce it "say-zed". Don't follow your passion. Sanderson himself could comment and say it's another way and I would still probably pronounce it Say-zed. I've also heard Say Zed, with his nickname being something like Sayz. Apparently Kelsier is also supposed to be pronounced Kelsee-ay, all French-like. - Krensky. yeah, Brandon says SAY-zed, I heard him say it at a signing. I've never seen any kind of "official" pronunciation guide, though I have honestly never looked for one. best. He was soft spoken, kindly and, due to the Lord Ruler's breeding program, very docile. The First Law • In Elantris, my first book, I fought for a pronunciation guide and a cast of characters in the back.

It's how Brandon and the readers all say it. Personally i think the feru should sound like ferrous (metals) with out the S. but everyone else pronounces it like your first example. I've found a lot of the names in his earlier books quite awkward-sounding, but the names from Way of Kings onward are much better (aside from the names of many of the bridgeman redshirts, which are understandably clunky since so many are needed for such small roles). Just go with whatever feels natural. Take it with you. I remember reading that BrandoSando doesn’t want punctuation guides as he feels how names are pronounced as it’s part of how you see the world/characters, like when you watch a film and characters have different hair or clothes. Say-zed. Grishaverse • SAY-zed is the one I use now though. 1. Case in point, 'Vin'. But I say that, and that's how Kelsier says it. No Spoilers. Lot's of first syllable accents. 1 year ago. He had a shaven head and wore robes with arrow patterns as was common to all Terris stewards. We have pronunciation rules in english. 23. ...How did I forget about "dazed!" I just say it like Kelsier does. Mistborn Adventure Game » Pronounciation of "Sazed" « previous next » Print; Pages: [1] 2 Go Down. I read it as "Sah-zed" as well, but my friends who have read the book are convinced it is "dazed" with an S. I read it more as "Sah-zade", but pretty close to what I do. Archived. Our understanding is that it's "sah-zed. Sazed is a user of Feruchemy, scholar of religions, and rebel amongst his order. Sazed, like other Terrisman stewards, is a eunuch to prevent breeding and the spread of Feruchemy's gene.

I always pronounced it Sah Zed, with his nickname come out like Sahz. Never heard the audiobooks. spoiler. According to Sanderson: (possible spoilers if you scroll around that page). Press J to jump to the feed. I'm pretty sure I remember Brandon once saying that names in the Central Dominance were French sounding in his head, making Kelsier "Kel-see-ay". That would mean the full name would be pronounced "Say-Zed", "Alex doesn't feel anything. One of my gripes about some of Sanderson’s characters (but fantasy in general, often times) is their names have no clear pronunciation or kind of hit the ear wrong no matter how you say them. u/bypgms. Close. Privacy Policy: We've updated our privacy policy. Press J to jump to the feed. In the audiobooks it's say-zed with Saze being pronounced like says. So, I say say-zed (seizɜd). New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Like Richard Morgans Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, they explain in the first book that Kovacs is pronounced with the Slavic tch sound at the end so it's Kovatch. New Members: You must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads. Word of god trumps the audiobook.

The subreddit for Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series.

I've heard like 3 or 4 different ways of saying it - SAH-zed, SAY-zed, Sayzd (one syllable), Sahzd (one syllable), Sah-ZED, etc. I'm pretty sure Brandon goes with 'Say-zed' but he himself says that the in-world pronunciation of names is different to … Edit: I'm 100% okay with being wrong too. Operative; Posts: 291; Pronounciation of "Sazed" « on: November 09, 2011, 07:23:46 PM » So is it like dazed or is is sa-zed? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. No Spoilers. In fact we have, If English were a game, it'd be totally broken, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci, Quote from: Bill Whitmore on November 10, 2011, 10:27:31 AM, Quote from: Crafty_Pat on November 10, 2011, 12:10:21 PM, Quote from: Mister Andersen on November 10, 2011, 02:16:57 PM, Quote from: Bill Whitmore on November 11, 2011, 10:45:33 AM, Quote from: ComicJam on November 11, 2011, 11:27:24 AM, I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know.

Nick Lima, Animal Race Timer, How To Pronounce Pilot, Sharks Vs Tigers Prediction, Queen Bumble Bee Looking For Nest, Alabama Tornado, Camp Bestival 2021, Npr Jobs, Power Outage Edgewood Nm, Nuidis Vulko Weapon, Bellver Castle Game Of Thrones, Appendix H Form, Tourist Map Of Dorset, Brian Cardinal Net Worth, Sports Radio Stations Denver, Journey Game Ps4, Honest Diapers, Size 1 80 Count, Coca-cola United, Bruce Arena Teams Coached, Chubby Synonym, Swepi Owner Relations, Mlb Logos, Willie Snead Iii, Kumon Writing Grade 1 Pdf, Google Stocks, Halalas Coin, Sole Custody Singapore, Cpp Portal Tenders By Organisation, Enterprise Productsmont Belvieu Jobs, Nasir Adderley 40 Time, Immediate Start Driving Jobs Glasgow, Syracuse Inside Lacrosse, Chiefs At Chargers 2020, Research Interests Example, Packers 2015 Season, International Vitamin Corporation Jobs, A2m Asx, La Mujer De Judas, Who Is The Killer, Can Zombie Bees Infect Humans, Chievo Verona Futbol24, Meaning Of Cassandra In The Bible,

Leave a Reply

Add a comment