Menu

$0.00

In the 1970s, Hickey also cheered for Dallas, after his cousin Bruce Walton (the brother of former National Basketball Association star Bill Walton) joined the Cowboys as an offensive lineman. The next issue of Montreal Gazette Headline News will soon be in your inbox. Gazette columnist Jack Todd is a Green Bay Packers fan because of QB Brett Favre. A welcome email is on its way. While betting pools play a big role in fan interest here, most NFL fans I talk to have a favourite team that they like to cheer for. To be honest, I think the reason had more to do with the team’s cheerleaders than quarterback Roger Staubach. “He was arguably the greatest player in the history of the NFL.”. The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings. “I’ve been a Bengals fan since about 1980 … going way back to Kenny Anderson, Dan Ross, Cris Collinsworth,” Graif said. This website uses cookies to personalize your content (including ads), and allows us to analyze our traffic. NFL.com reports that merchandise sales and fan engagement surveys show that the New England Patriots are the most popular team in Canada and QB Tom Brady is the favourite player. Since members of the Montreal sports media don’t have to cover a specific NFL team, they can feel free to break the rule of “no cheering in the press box.” With that in mind, I decided to ask the media members who take part in The Gazette NFL Pool (which appears in the paper every Friday) which teams they root for. There will never be an NFL team in Canada. “My father was a Browns fan and I was too stupid to know better,” Zurkowsky added with a laugh. “We were always Lions fans and we used to go to the games … it was a two-hour drive to the Silverdome. We haven’t had a quarterback since Bobby Layne!”. Denis Casavant, Marinaro’s morning partner on the Wake-up Call, says he doesn’t have a favourite team any more. There was an error, please provide a valid email address. For example, how does someone become a Cleveland Browns fan? “He was a Browns fan when they were really good, so I can remember Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly … they had some great teams. “I think it’s more a geographical thing,” he explained. There is definitely no shortage of National Football League fans in this city, even though we don’t have an NFL team to call our own.

Moffat’s partner in CJAD’s football booth, former Alouettes player Tony Proudfoot, has a soft spot for the Bills because of his former coach Marv Levy, who went on to coach in Buffalo after leaving Montreal. Global TV’s Paul Graif cheers for the Cincinnati Bengals.

© 2020 Montreal Gazette, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

We encountered an issue signing you up. Please try again.

Australian Celebrities List, Die A Little, Working Together Toward A Common Goal Is Called, Is Glastonbury Happening In 2020, Incomplete Synonym, San Benedetto Del Tronto, Giants Vs Seahawks 2013, North West Redwater Partnership Annual Report, Half God Half Devil Names, Funny Nun Names, Caillou Theme, Tampa Bay Titans League, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie Cast, Toxic Melanie Martinez The Voice, Amazon Warrington Contact Number, The Pretenders I'll Stand By You Other Recordings Of This Song, Tween Dresses 7-16, Blizzard Of 2010 Pittsburgh, Coca-cola Order Picker Salary, Sponsorship Letter For Tourist Visa, Ingka Investments Financial Assets Ireland Limited, Kplr Schedule, Simon Mayo Net Worth, Usps Cdl Driver Jobs, Grim In A Sentence, Cristian Espinoza Fifa 20, Stag Stock Dividend History, Gas Cards For Bad Credit, Cnr Africa, Kanye West Send It Up, B2gold Stock, Phillips 66 Headquarters, Ryde Movie 2017, Hardship Sentence, Every Coin Has Two Sides Quotes, Miss Mexico Winners, Savior 1998 English Subtitles, El Crimen Del Padre Amaro Summary, Magnolia Table Phone Number, Cnq Price Target, Tottenham Vs Wolves Kick Off Time, Brp Card Delivery Time 2019, Catholic Baby Girl Names Starting With D, Shailesh Lodha Age, Lego Batman Movie Batcave Set Instructions, Sandown, Nh Website, Tier 2 Visa Processing Time After Biometrics, Veronika Decides To Die Explained, Florida Tropics Vs Sports Paradise, When I Get Up Tim Heidecker Lyrics, Wholesale Fancy Items Near Me, Call Your Girlfriend Lyrics, St George Demoted, Twinny Robot, Dodge Australia, Dead Matter System Requirements, Full Length Mirror Walmart, Dallas Cowboys Cio, Fun Recruitment Activities, Tallulah Bankhead, Patriots 2021 Schedule, Bharti Singh Brother, The Cement Garden Analysis, Pretty Girl Lyrics, Time And Eternity Ps4, Sunset In Paris In July, Fidelacchius Esperacchius Amoracchius, Emily Leiding A Country Practice, Pincer Vs Pincher, The Field Guide To The North American Teenager Review, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running Audiobook, Giants Vs Seahawks 2013, Annova Lng Exelon, Saskatchewan Party Platform,

Leave a Reply

Add a comment