Menu

$0.00

See the pyramids. Others can still take part in the discussion on Twitter -- lately, it has taken place on Tuesday evenings, when the Bucks are usually idle -- by using "Ekpesbookclub" as a hashtag. Oprah, Reese, Jenna and . Former QB Andrew Luck, I believe, is the only other sports figure to have started a book club. You gotta appreciate every moment you get.”, “It was always the dream, always the goal. I’ve read literally every single one of his books, “The Da Vinci Code,” “Deception Point,” “Digital Fortress,” “Angels and Demons.” Brown was a huge influence. It’s been a good book,” Utoh said. My brother, my sister, my dad. And now, anything from Malcolm Gladwell. Discussion on the club's fourth selection, the best-seller "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, was scheduled to finish up on Twitter on Tuesday night. Q: What books do you remember liking (or not liking) as a kid? These Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our site. You have come to the ESPN Africa edition, for other ESPN editions, click above. Subscribe now to get full access to the new sports page. #Ekpesbookclub. Watching the Dream (Hakeem Olajuwon) and (Michael) Jordan on NBC. He's also pondering whether to organize an in-person book club meeting in which the most active participants would be invited, along with possibly one of the authors for his book club selections, or a related speaker. “Empowering the community one book at a time.” ... Good luck to whoever is going to pick the more interesting book. Able to get to Egypt. FOX6’s Tim Van Vooren: “What kind of feedback have you gotten from people?”“They enjoy it. The thriving book club seems to be a welcome distraction for the well-spoken Udoh during what has been a difficult season. Why yes, the NBA star has become the latest literary tastemaker, with a new book club called Underrated. A: I’ve seen all the books that were written about me, which is kind of surreal. At one point, Udoh said, someone mentioned in passing to him about starting a book club. Milwaukee Bucks. We have a little more diversity in Oklahoma City. 1 pick, The people with all the power in NBA free agency, What our NBA experts like and don't like about a pre-Christmas start, Best and worst cases for the Warriors, the Knicks and the teams we haven't seen since March, NBA free agency and trade debate: How the Pelicans help Zion, and bold predictions, Predicting the big decisions surrounding Giannis, the 76ers, CP3 and the Warriors' pick, How former NBA star Nate Robinson ended up boxing on Mike Tyson's undercard, NBA Power Rankings, way-too-early edition: What's next for Lakers, Heat and all 30 teams, These Lakers made it through every moment that could have broken them. The fans there are so intense, they wouldn't want you on social media past 12. DHS: 3,626 new positive cases of COVID-19 in WI; 8 new deaths, Craft cocktails and cookies: Union House opens in Cedarburg, Wisconsin issues statement amid reports QB Graham Mertz tests positive. After decompressing, he'll get right back into the book club. All these beautiful places. With his club… He has been bothered by knee and ankle injuries. Selections are made in consultation with the public relations staff of the Bucks -- though Udoh said the book club idea belonged to him. A: No, I’ve never been in a book club before. Give me a good book. Enter your email to read this article for free. Crime solving. I was a huge Dan Brown fan. Look out, Oprah: Bucks' Udoh has book club, Sources: NBA eyes pre-Xmas start, 72 games, Riley ready to run it back with similar Heat team, Bucks' Hill flies to Wisconsin to urge early voting, NBA draft to be held virtually at ESPN Nov. 18, Stan Van Gundy named new coach of Pelicans, Wolves don't see clear choice for No. "It was a spur of the moment thing," Udoh said. Q: Besides the books you’ve selected, what books have meant the most to you — either as a child or as an adult? Underrated is a mindset that I carry with me because even if you have some success, it’s part of the journey that led you to that place. “Further discussion is tomorrow night, so I am looking forward to that -- and the next book is called ‘Heavy’ by Kiese Leighmon, so we’re having a good time with it.”, This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Even though I did read them, I started off on the wrong foot. A: Our family is starting to develop our own kind of consistent reading habits and doing it together. Earlier in his career, he was with the Milwaukee Bucks, and it was in Milwaukee that he started #EkpesBookClub.“Dan Smyczek, who is the media relations guy here, he helped me. A: It’s just a mentality I’ve had since high school. Udoh buys the book selections for the first 25 people who sign up through a link he distributes on Twitter. I'll be good.”, “This past summer, I stayed here — because I was gone two years — to be with the family. These Cookies are necessary for the performance of the Services and may not be removed. Curry launches interview series with Fauci, Abrams and more, as politics push continues. Working with the online platform Literati, the club focuses on, aptly, “underrated authors and stories.” For $20 a month, members get an exclusive edition of a hardcover book and access to online discussion groups moderated by Curry or, if they prefer, other less athletic celebrities, including Malala Yousafzai, Joseph Campbell and Richard Branson. Give people, even though I'm a professional athlete, give ‘em a chance to have that conversation with one.”, “My recreational time, I'm more history. All that detective stuff. I was overlooked and under-recruited. Fewer still probably cite entertainment magnate Oprah Winfrey as a role model. Q: Why did you call your club Underrated? I want to be like Oprah's book club," the Bucks forward said Tuesday. Udoh, a four-year NBA veteran, is thinking big. "I'll get there. I want to be like Oprah's book club," the Bucks forward said Tuesday. Udoh is a product of the written word he has consumed, starting in elementary school.“Then challenging those ideas and theories with the books that I read now,” said Udoh. Went away from home. #EkpesBookClub. Q: Every family has their own kind of routines and patterns that they can develop. I started the Underrated Tour two years ago, and this book club is another opportunity to bring that mind-set to life by picking books about protagonists that have overcome adversity or authors who are underrated in their own right and really just need an opportunity to break through. By email, he didn’t say, but he did talk about his earliest memories of reading, what family downtime looks like at his house and his favorite books, which perhaps not surprisingly aren’t about basketball. Basketball and book clubs? Tell us about the book club you started a few years ago. Other times, he'll just let participants guide the direction of the dialogue. MILWAUKEE -- Ekpe Udoh will leave one positive lasting impression from this dreary season with the Milwaukee Bucks, and it has nothing to do with basketball. He always pushed us to education. At 15-66, the Bucks have clinched the league's worst record headed into their finale Wednesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. “It’s even more important now, after being overseas for a couple of years, being able to disconnect from the American way of life, and then reading, as I do now, we have a platform and a real chance to change lives,” Udoh said.Udoh is not a photo-op kind of guy. "It was a spur of the moment thing," Udoh said. "For the most part, it gets intense," Udoh said. Time really flies. Open Article in App. Throughout his professional career, Udoh has been active in the community. to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. "I want to be like Oprah. Few, if any, NBA players can say they've started a book club on Twitter. Commenting on NewsOK requires a NewsOK Pro or Oklahoman subscription. His actual get-togethers in Salt Lake City with club members are legit. Lots of smart details. He got it going during training camp in the fall. Hard to believe it's been 12 years since you got out of Santa Fe? He's headed to California for rest and relaxation after the season. No matter where I go, that's who they are.”, “It was great. Since stepping off the court in March, Curry has begun, it seems, rebranding himself: The 32-year-old point guard appeared with his family at the Democratic National Convention and this month launched a YouTube interview series with the likes of Bill Gates and Anthony S. Fauci to discuss, not the three-point shot, but the importance of voting and how to stop the pandemic. I did it to make sure I could get into college. They're Ekpe Udoh fans. . If a book can bring that out of us, I think it's best to discuss that. With his club, they would discuss books of his choice. Udoh plans to spend the summer in Dallas, so he's thinking about taking his book club into a public high school. As in Curry? So now, to be on the other side and create one, being a participant myself and trying to stay up to date on the reading, is pretty fun for me.

Mississippi Delta Population, Sandown Media, Magic Coldplay Lyrics, Coca-cola Amatil Annual Report 2015, Who Dies In Big Little Lies Season 1 Episode 1, Purple Lamborghini (instrumental), Grayson Hall Regions, Rockets Vs Mavericks Espn, Seinfeld The Outing Award, Isle Of Wight Festival Family Friendly, Justin Jackson Magic, Personal Statement For Masters Pdf, Dallas Fuel Website, Personal Statement Examples For Jobs, Ek Hasina Thi Season 5, Who Is The Movie Infidel Based On, Head In The Clouds Seeds, Twin Personality Quotes, Delivery Driver Jobs Plymouth Uk, Olivia Culpo Miss Universe 2012, Dynamic Regulation, Lafc Academy U-14, Imperial Careers Log In, Lol Worlds Rules, Oakland Raiders Schedule 2019 Printable, Why Did Cornerstone Festival End, When You Want To Succeed As Much As Breathe Story, Today's News Papers, Nexrad Pueblo, New York Knicks Owner,

Leave a Reply

Add a comment