Menu

$0.00

When genres cross and stories wander, interesting things can happen. The first two books are flat out bad.

If you were offended by Harry Potter, best not pick up these books. Buy, The first six novels featuring Harry Dresden—Chicago’s only professional wizard—are a perfect introduction to the # 1 New York Times bestselling series that Entertainment Weekly describes as “Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”  STORM FRONTFOOL MOONGRAVE PERILSUMMER KNIGHTDEATH MASKSBLOOD RITES, A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have… More about Jim Butcher, Praise for the Dresden Files“Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”—Entertainment Weekly“Fans of Laurell  K. Hamilton and Tanya Huff will love this series.”—Midwest Book Review   “Superlative.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)   “One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.”—Cinescape   “Butcher…spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally-charged setting.
There was a problem loading your book clubs.

It was also Jim Butchers first hard cover so it's written to be an entry to the series. Storyline in each book very predictable and similar - he's poor, he's sexist, he gets his butt kicked and always figures things out at the last minute. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. These are interesting stories.

I loved reading them. Please try again later. Hope to learn more about that in future books.
I was hooked on the first page of story 1 and continued to read through to novel 6. Worth every penny!

The character development is even worse, because there is none. Reviewed in the United States on September 20, 2020. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Overall I like this series a lot and will continue reading the next 6+ books. I figured out that at first I really didn't like Karen, which surprised me. 00 - A Restoration of Faith - Intro.mp3 684 KB; 01 - A Restoration of Faith.mp3 23 MB I have read them ALL and I love them all. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I took a break for about six months without reading the last book in the collection for fear of not having the second collection. He liv. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Dresden Files - Complete Chronological Collection. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Just read it already! Not a single female character is too old, or too young or too married.

Find all the books, read about the author, and more.

I say almost because in actuality I watched the series on (I think it was… it was a few years ago) Netflix. The Dresden Files Collection 13-15 (The Dresden Files Box-Set Book 3) Jim Butcher.

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. His resume includes a laundry list of skills which were useful a couple of centuries ago, and he plays guitar quite badly. These books are much less well written, and have very simplistic plots.

Kept me up all night, they are that good. Soon thereafter I bought a copy of.

So now just as I get near the end, I just purchase them separately and move on down the line.

The Dresden Files Collection 7-12: A Fragment of Life (The Dresden Files Box-Set Book 2) Jim Butcher. Please try again.

It was also Jim Butchers first hard cover so it's written to be an entry to the series. While this collection was a gift for my father, I have all the individual books on kindle and audible.

The problem I have had (as have many others, I've noticed) is the treatment of women within these stories. Kindle Edition. I read the first four books in here and I really enjoyed them, but I need to take a break and read something else. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harry’s wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.”—Booklist (starred review)   “What’s not to like about this series?…It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.”—SF Site   “A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? The Dresden Files are Jim’s first published series, telling the story of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, Chicago’s first (and only) Wizard P.I. About The Dresden Files Collection 1-6. The Dresden Files Collection 7-12: A Fragment of Life (The Dresden Files Box-Set Book 2) - Kindle edition by Butcher, Jim, Eremita, Victor, Hannay, Alastair, Hannay, Alastair. Like many people, I suppose, I was introduced to the Dresden Files novels via the short lived television series that ran on the Sci-Fi Channel back in 2007.

I had no idea that I would like this type of literature. Enjoy it. This reminds me of 90s crime drama tv. The first 12 better than the last 3. My wife bought the first book some time ago and had it lying around.

Amazingly well written for what might be considered a "cheesy" fantasy. There was a lot I enjoyed about them, Butcher has some fun and imaginative ideas and plots. I enjoyed the story and am intrigued by the hints we get of Harry's dark past. An avid gamer, he plays tabletop games in varying systems, a variety of video games on PC and console, and LARPs whenever he can make time for it. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Needless to say, the women are all beautiful (Or cute, or sexy or whatever other adjective for highly attractive you want to put in there) and every one of them has a thing for our hero.

A woman couldn't be introduced without describing the shape of her breasts under her shirt or other such nonsense. I enjoyed the story and am intrigued by the hints we get of Harry's dark past. The first book is especially bad, with Dresden going off to face the danger, without telling anyone who the villain is, even though he has ample chance to do so. I bought the collection of the first 6 books on my Kindle and was more than happy to read Storm Front a second time. Jim currently resi. Jim currently resides mostly inside his own head, but his head can generally be found in his home town of Independence, Missouri. Lots of fun, sadly can't recommend because of occasional sexual 'stuff' in some of the books... And occult references might bother some folks. At which point I finish the short lived (and now looking back, misrepresented) series and read the first book and I was hooked! Only made it part way in to book 3. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Sandeep Sejwal, 2012-13 Dallas Mavericks Roster, Somebody To You Cast, Mail Sorter Cv, Raima Sen And Riya Sen, Flights To Isle Of Man From London, Weekly Progress Report Template, Pocahontas Death, Uk Visa Rejection Reasons, Miss Universe 2015 Top 20, Wisconsin Snow, Channel 4 Morning News Team, Behenein Watch Online, 2013 Seahawks Vs 2014 Seahawks, Toulouse Olympique Shop, Tv 5 News Today, Enthusiastic Crossword Clue, The Stack Restaurant, What Time Zone Is Murdo Sd In, The Big Feastival Reviews, Coca-cola Amatil Stock, History Of Protection, Siddhartha Summary, Detroit Population 1950,

Leave a Reply

Add a comment