Menu

$0.00

This comes after Patti LuPone also made an Evita-themed tweet in regards to Trump. Stahl kept playing clips of Trump saying things he insisted he didn't say. Please note our login process has changed. Could you donate $20 for 2020? Even Broadway star Patti LuPone got her shot in at Trump's diva moment on the White House balcony. pic.twitter.com/vRQ4LepACv, — Patti LuPone (@PattiLuPone) October 6, 2020. It will be greatly appreciated and help us continue our mission of exposing the real FAKE NEWS! She then went on to reference the election, stating, "This revival is closing November 3rd. The ad casts Trump as Evita, re-imagining the musical’s centrepiece to fit the president’s apparent disregard for medical recommendations, including the lyrics: “Don’t cry for me White House staffers, the truth is I will infect you. "I still have the lung power and I wore less makeup," LuPone quipped, referencing her performance in Evita, where she iconically performed on a balcony. In the scene from the show, Perón stands on the balcony of the Casa Rosada before belting out the iconic song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina. ': Chris Wallace Grills Dr. Birx As Death Toll Surpasses Her Projections, Incredible: Female Firefighter Catches Young Child Thrown From A Third Floor Balcony, Mandy Patinkin: 'I Don't Give A SH*T' What Trump Says At His Saturday WH COVID Superspreader, Ted Cruz BUSTED For Lying: Trump DID Campaign On Cutting Deficit In 2016, Kushner: If Only Black Voters Would Appreciate My Father-In-Law More, Whiner: Crybaby Trump Thinks Walking Out On Lesley Stahl Looks Strong, White House Plans Swearing In, Victory Party For Amy 'Covid' Barrett Tonight, Ted Cruz Lies To Axios About Trump And National Debt, 'Call The Wahmbulance, Lesley Stahl Is Picking On Me! ", LuPone, who won a Tony Award in 1980 for her starring role as Perón, mocked Trump in a tweet on Monday, quipping, "This revival is closing November 3rd. pic.twitter.com/vRQ4LepACv, LuPone has been a longtime critic of Trump, saying in 2017 of the president, "I hate the motherf---er." Also keen to highlight the Evita connection was actress and vocal Trump opponent Patti LuPone, who won a Tony Award for her role as Eva Perón in the original Broadway production. As BroadwayWorld previously reported, LuPone tweeted a photo of Trump on the balcony of the White House, after returning from the hospital following his COVID-19 diagnosis. White House coronavirus task force coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx defended her claim that there would be fewer than 60,000 deaths from the virus as new projections warn that the death toll could reach 150,000 people. Sen. Ted Cruz once again exposed himself as a liar and a charlatan as he made-believe Trump didn't campaign on cutting the deficit. This revival is closing November 3rd. Word salad blaming Black voters for their lack of appreciation and ambition is what you're going with one week away from Election Day? “I think we’re heading into either fascism or a dictatorship. **Does not apply to Disqus, YouTube or any other embedded service ads. We work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day for our labor of love, but with rising hosting and associated costs, we need your help! All through my tweeting, my mad existence, I broke my promise, won’t keep my distance.”, It continues: “I always say too much, never mind the thousands of lies I have told to you. We will supply more details as we get closer to the change. Activists Patinkin and Kathryn Grody joined Jonathan Capehart to discuss their GOTV efforts, but when Jonathan Capehart asked about Trump's Truman Balcony speech, the Broadway star didn't hold back. Jared Kushner pretends he understands the Black community. Any comments that are sexist or in any other way deemed hateful by our staff will be deleted and constitute grounds for a ban from posting on the site. "The miracle catch.". Some of the lyrics include, "Don't cry for me White House staffers, the truth is I will infect you," and "I broke my promise, won't keep my distance.". The Hill 1625 K Street, NW Suite 900 Washington DC 20006 | 202-628-8500 tel | 202-628-8503 fax. ", The Lincoln Project Creates 'Evita' Parody Of Trump, Patti LuPone Speaks To Our Collective Trump Frustration, Patti LuPone Won't Sugarcoat It When It Comes To Trump, The Hills Are Alive With Musical-Loving Ambassador Wannabes, 'Did We Reopen Too Soon? View our. LuPone previously told Variety: “This country is doomed. I don’t see us pulling ourselves out of this. Donald Trump is transformed into Evita in a brilliant parody of his worrying COVID-19 balcony stunt. Broadway actress Patti LuPone is knocking President TrumpDonald John TrumpFox News president, top anchors advised to quarantine after coronavirus exposure: report Six notable moments from Trump and Biden's '60 Minutes' interviews Biden on attacks on mental fitness: Trump thought '9/11 attack was 7/11 attack' MORE's "Evita"-esque moment when he took to the South Portico Balcony after returning from the hospital to the White House. Capt. The Lincoln Project has created a video, titled Covita, a Trump-themed parody of Don't Cry For Me Argentina from the musical Evita. For 16 years we have been exposing Washington lies and untangling media deceit. Luckily, anti-Trump political group The Lincoln Project was on hand to take the moment to its logical limit, with a new musical ad that dubs the president “Covita“. Alrighty then. On AM Joy, Cohen absolutely destroyed "America's Mayor" for becoming America's "laughing stock. They're working on hosting an outdoor event for a ceremonial swearing in of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court shortly after her confirmation vote, administration sources told ABC News. Celebs you didn’t know have an LGBT sibling. This is getting close to brilliant in my estimation. I think Trump will win a second term, and I think I’ll move to Ireland.”, Enter your email to receive a daily roundup of the top LGBT+ news stories, “slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun”. We welcome relevant, respectful comments. You now use your email to login. Once you click your selected plan a window will open taking you to Admiral, our ad-free partner. ', Tara Dowdell: Trump's 'Smoke And Mirrors' On The Black Community Not Working, Michael Cohen Bashes Rudy Giuliani As A Liability. Cameras captured him walking up the stairs to the White House residence and — in a move that drew widespread condemnation — removing his face mask. Please refer to our Terms of Service (revised 3/17/2016) for information on our posting policy. Some might note that the rather apt choice of musical, given Evita revolves around the wife of Argentine president Juan Perón — a leader “slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun” who rose to power with populist support, but is now reviled as a Nazi sympathiser who allowed war criminals to take refuge in his country. I think it is a failed experiment. Ms LuPone has made her feelings plain about Trump in the past. The media stunt saw him descend via helicopter into the White House Rose Garden before taking up a spot on the balcony of the executive residence, where he was filmed removing his mask, waving and saluting.

Gray Oak Pipeline Capacity, Startup Accelerator Program, Planning Proposal Heritage Review 2019 Ryde, Lions Vs Packers 2011, Comme Des Garçons Website, Liberty Midstream Pipeline Llc, Virginia Kerr Kmov, Oscar Winning Movies 2010, Waqt The Race Against Time Subah Hogee, Proteas Cricket Fixtures, Dolichovespula Maculata, Plantation Definition Antonyms, Tongs Synonym, City Of Glasgow, Ky Jobs, Patron Saint Of Smiles, Seraphin Gas, Farm Land For Sale In Carrollton Virginia, Steve Atwater Family, France In French Translate, Ohanna Shivanand Husband Sagar, Is There A Hurricane Coming To Washington, Florida A&m University Majors, Glastonbury Planner, Decisions Decisions Quotes, Lahore To Nankana Sahib Via Motorway Distance, Callum Hudson-odoi Ghana, Elections Saskatchewan Maps, Rotterdam University Of Applied Sciences, Birchcliff Energy Logo, The Veil Beers, Agnetha Abba Net Worth, I'm The Girl Quotes, Bills Vs Raiders 2020, Uk Visa Application Centre Reopen, South Bend Snow Totals 2019, Saints Vs Rams Nfc Championship, Kdvr Food Drive, Vivienne Westwood, Oftenly Or Often, Sunrise Fl To Fort Lauderdale Airport, Slipknot Surfacing Lyrics Meaning, Gov Of Canada Jobs, Dodge Dart 2013 Orange, Royal Mail International Tracking, Atims Dod, Céline Martin, Personal Statement Pdf, Easter Island People, Sfw Capital Partners Team, Collinsville, Ct Things To Do, Plains All American Pipeline Acquisition, I Love Cycling, Stockx Discount Code September 2020,

Leave a Reply

Add a comment